2022 COVID-19 Update: Programs are running in person, please call to pre-register.
Burnside Gorge Community Association (BGCA) provides social support, child care, recreation, youth and family services, and community development programs as well as a number of special events and partnership initiatives to children, youth, families, and seniors in the Greater Victoria area.
- Child care – Licensed before and after school care, winter, spring, and summer day camps for children 5-11.
- Youth Services – School-based counselling and recreation programs; youth outreach to at-risk youth and youth transitioning from Government care to independence; adventure day camps for youth during spring, summer, and winter breaks.
- Family Services – community-based counselling services for families who struggle with parenting, finances, and other issues that are a barrier to meeting their children’s needs; direct housing and financial assistance to families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless; long term financial literacy and asset development for families in subsidized housing; parent and child programs including a weekly community dinner and a Resource Room for low-income families to access free clothing, food and toiletries.
- Community Recreation and Special Events – Range of fitness and recreation opportunities for children, youth, families, and seniors; community-wide celebrations and special events.
- Community Development – Community newsletter; Community History projects; Public Art projects; environmental initiatives such as Friends of Cecelia Ravine and the Cecelia Ravine Community Gardens; Neighbourhood improvement and place-making projects.